Ethics and Compliance Officer at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Compliance 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Loxahatchee, Florida
Job Code: 00477-7164
ETHICS AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Palms West Hospital
Since 1986, Palms West Hospital has celebrated excellence in healthcare. Our state-of-the-art 204-bed facility, centrally located in Palm Beach County, offers top-quality care in every category from preventative programs to elective, major, and emergency surgeries. Palms West Hospital has a dedicated Pediatric ER and full-service Children s Hospital, offering dozens of pediatric healthcare services in one child-friendly place.
Palms West Hospital is located on a spacious 94-acre campus in Palm Beach County, just 12 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. The surrounding areas include Wellington, Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee. Wellington is known for its abundant parks, equestrian interests and quality schools. Money Magazine named Wellington as one of the Best Places to Live in 2016. Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee are known for their large acreage parcels, new homes, and equestrian community. Family Circle recognized Royal Palm Beach as one of the Top 10 Best Towns for Families.
Palms West Hospital is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE FOR FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME INCLUDING: VACATION, 401K, AND MEDICAL INSURANCE.
Reporting to the hospital CEO, the Ethics and Compliance Officer is responsible for overseeing the facility Corporate Ethics and Compliance Program including coordinating and monitoring training regarding compliance with laws, regulations and Corporate policies and procedures. Responsible for obtaining and monitoring all contractual agreements, ensuring compliance with Corporate policies.
* Coordinates and supports Corporate monitoring and auditing systems related to patient confidentiality, documentation, billing/coding of medical services to third party payors to reduce vulnerability to fraud, waste, and abuse.
* Provide guidance to facility entities regarding established corporate-wide compliance program, policies and procedures to ensure adherence to applicable laws, regulations, and other governmental requirements as appropriate
* Oversee the confidential hotline reporting mechanism
* Responsible for obtaining and monitoring all contractual agreements, ensuring compliance with Corporate policies.
* Assist in the development of compliance related policies and procedures as needed
* Manage Ethics and Compliance employee orientation and refresher training
* Investigate compliance-related complaints and concerns, including Ethics Line and internal cases
* Communicate with other ECOs to ensure awareness of emerging risks, new compliance initiatives, and policies
* Assist in the resolution of major compliance related issues and/or compliance efforts
* Chair the Facility Ethics and Compliance Committee and other compliance-related committees as needed
* Bachelor's degree required, master s degree preferred
* Working knowledge of corporate compliance program(s) and healthcare laws and regulations
* 5 years of experience in nursing or health care field required
* 2 years of experience as healthcare Compliance Officer required
* Understanding of health care billing operations, including laws and regulations by various federal, state and local agencies is required
* Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, planning skills, and problem solving skills
* Must have ability to work with and through others to lead organization through difficult change management processes
* Must exhibit high levels of integrity, professionalism, trustworthiness, team orientation, and self-motivation
Last Edited: 12/29/2017