Distribution Associate Manager - 2nd Shift at UPS
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Location: Londonderry, New HampshireJob Description:
The Distribution Associate Manager impacts the organization by analyzing and planning for operational success and customer satisfaction in a warehouse or station. In this capacity, this position monitors volume for respective clients and ensures client contractual compliance. He/She develops operational goals and plans, monitors and communicates operations performance against plan, monitors margins, acts as liaison with customers, sets priorities, and coordinates with various functions to improve efficiency. The Distribution Associate Manager manages supervisors and hourly employees within the department.
The Distribution Associate Manager reviews contract guidelines to establish inventory control standards and procedures for performance measurement. He/She develops operational plans to define and communicate new operating processes and compliance standards (e.g. returns, shipments, receipts, etc.). This position monitors operational volumes to ensure customer deadlines are met and to ensure client contractual compliance. The Distribution Associate Manager evaluates quality goals to develop process improvements and increase quality levels.
- Performs monthly financial reporting to analyze client profitability.
- Reviews monthly financial performance with the District Manager to develop financial plans and forecasts.
- Manages expense margins to achieve revenue goals outlined in the financial plan.
- Ensures delivery of timely and accurate invoices to optimize management of customer accounts receivable.
- Meets customer expectations by delegating and prioritizing workloads to ensure customer deadlines and contractual requirements are met.
- Acts as customer liaison to provide customer support on new account implementation, problem resolution, and quality control.
- Coordinates staff attendance at customer meetings and quarterly business reviews to provide information and updates on productivity and performance standards.
- Participates in reviews and revisions of statements of work to accommodate changing needs of the customer.
- Leverages knowledge of customers' business to develop new business opportunities for UPS Supply Chain Solutions.
- Manages the development of operation and account specific metrics to provide timely and accurate information on performance standards.
- Manages implementation of corrective action plans to address deficient performance areas from and improve productivity.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Budget Management: Demonstrates basic knowledge of finance and accounting theory and principles.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Responds to compliance problems and identifies appropriate actions; identifies people needed to resolve compliance problems and collaborates to develop corrective action plans; identifies programs that reduce risk and enhance safety; explains implications to changing laws and regulations.
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred