Process Improvement Engineer at TimkenSteel Corporation
Posted in Architecture 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: CANTON, Ohio
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
This day shift position exists to support steel processing by identifying problems and improvement opportunities through data-driven process improvement methodologies. The incumbent will leverage their contextual knowledge of steel manufacturing to pose relevant new questions, reliably find answers, challenge recommendations, and explore alternatives.
- Evaluate and coordinate diverse projects that require a knowledge of current plant procedures, practices and processes.
- Support continuous improvement efforts that may lead to the development of new procedures.
- Develop, coordinate and implement experiments that may be complex or novel in nature.
- Assume a leadership role in developing and carrying out projects.
- Act as a project coordinator when appropriate, on projects involving Engineering, Research, Maintenance, and Operations.
- Generate and implement ideas that reduce cost
Minimum requirements: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related with at least 4 years of experience or Master's degree with at least 2 years of experience in project management, steel making/processing, continuous improvement or related. Must have strong analytical and communication skills and ability to interpret a variety of technical procedures/processes and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.