Engineering - Structural - 2-4 Yrs Exp at KPFF Consulting Engineers
Posted in Architecture 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
At KPFF we are focused on engineering excellence. With numerous opportunities for professional growth, learning and teaching, we rigorously develop our staff’s careers and passions. Individual accomplishments and successful projects determine your future at KPFF, and your dedication and talent will drive your professional growth. We seek candidates who have the competency, attitude, and personal commitment to deliver efforts of the highest quality.
Our engineers work in dynamic teams with open communication and strong support from senior-level mentors. These teams work directly with our clients on some of the most challenging projects in the region. We promote decision-making at the level closest to the issue in order to most efficiently and effectively serve our clients.
In your submission please include:
- Cover letter
- (2-3) References
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to work in a team environment effectively
- Strong technical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good written & verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate succinctly and effectively
- Good understanding of English
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, documentation and problem solving skills
- Logical and analytical thinker
- Excellent research and information gathering skills
The preferred candidate will have:
- 2-4 years of Structural Engineering Experience
- Experience with common analysis software such as ETabs, SAP, SAFE, RISA, RAM Structural System, or similar products
- Experience assembling drawing packages and the ability to draft elements of projects in CAD and/or Revit
- Ability to independently determine load requirements on buildings, non building structures and other structures. Ability to calculate the capacity of structural elements and building systems.
- Revit Structure Experience strongly preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in structures
- Masters Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in structures
- Professional Engineers License strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outgoing individuals who thrive when working directly with architects, contractors and other engineers
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions.
KPFF Consulting Engineers provides civil and structural engineering services to architects, government agencies, developers, contractors, and institutional clients. Our New York Structural office is located close to City Hall near the financial district. A warm and friendly environment, we are dedicated to growing with our employees and allowing people to pursue their passions. KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
See Job Description