Service Oiler/Technician (Night Shift) - RiverBend Materials Eugene at CPM Development Corporation
Posted in Automotive 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Eugene, Oregon
<span style="font-family: "Calibri",sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;">
Job ID: 126733
RiverBend Materials has united former companies Eugene Sand & Gravel, River Bend Sand & Gravel, Salem Road & Driveway and Green & White Rock Products. As a member of the Oldcastle Materials Northwest Division family, RiverBend Materials values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
The worker may work at ground level or in a service pit, providing mechanical maintenance and inspection to company vehicles. The worker will open the vehicle hood and check all fluid levels, visually inspect belts and hoses for signs of wear, and inspect for other repairs that may be required. From below the vehicle (on mechanic creeper or in service pit) the worker will insure that a drain barrel is placed under the vehicle’s oil drain plug, drain oil from crankcase, refill the crankcase with required amount of oil and remove and replace the oil filter. The worker will provide service to the radiator by draining, replacing, and/or replenishing coolant, use grease guns to lubricate the vehicle’s fittings/joints, and visually inspect the undercarriages of the vehicles for any problems. This position is 3:30pm-midnight with potential for overtime.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform routine vehicles maintenance (change oil and filter, lubrication, coolant and fuel).
- Analyzes malfunctions and report need for further diagnostics or repair to shift lead or shop foreman.
- Operates and inspects vehicles equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment using hand tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear.
- Use computer based maintenance software to create work orders, schedule PM’s, and document needed repairs.
- Perform general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas.
- Assist other maintenance department staff in performing the duties necessary to assure the efficiency of operations of vehicles.
- May work in shop, yard or on jobsites.
- Ability to perform DOT inspections and brake adjustments.
- Perform and maintain fluid analysis program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- CDL with Hazmat endorsement or ability to obtain one is required
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a safe manner as well as maintain a safe work environment.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in a team environment
- Demonstrates good performance, safety, attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Willingness to work weekends when necessary.
- Regular, on time attendance is an essential function of this position.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Eugene Sand & Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Eugene Sand & Gravel is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.