Director, IT Technical Service at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Novi, Michigan
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
Leads the information technology operations team for a
region. Develops the strategy and directs the effective and efficient delivery
of IT services and delivery model for a broad set of services, such as server,
network and database administration as well as the support and coordination of
complete systems such as Manufacturing Execution (MES) and related operational
and shop floor systems. May liaison with corporate COE, outside vendors
regarding the delivery of these services.
- Recruits, trains, mentors and ensures the maximum efficiency
of technician IT staff.
- Provides strategic direction for the acquisition,
installation and operations of complete IT systems are/or their related
- Manages ongoing technical operations management within the
region and coordinates with internal global partners as needed.
- Manages professional technical services and operations with
external partners and customers.
- Ensures timely resolution of routine support tickets and
uses data from the ticketing system to proactively maintain a high level of
system reliability and performance.
- Provides an escalation path for the timely and effective
resolution of major technical issues that could affect key business systems.
- Stays up to date with the latest trends, innovations and
offerings related to technical IT equipment, processes and management of IT
- Reviews proposed system initiatives and consults on their
technical aspects related to implementation, support and cost considerations.
- Participates in the development of project program budget
estimates during the demand management and project initiation phases of
proposed IT initiatives.
- Supplies technical resources for regional IT projects and
- Provides regular reporting on the overall health of IT
systems including system availability, maintenance scheduling, security status
and proposed upgrades.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or related
discipline, MBA or equivalent experience.
- Professional Certifications such as COMPTIA A+/Network+,
MCSA/MCSE, CCNA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, etc. preferred.
- 10-12 years of experience in technical IT operations
management, preferably in a large, global organization.
- 5+ years supervisory experience overseeing large scale
operations, global teams, technical managers and application leads.
- Experience working at executive committee level.
Must possess functional knowledge of the technical aspects
of the following:
- Server installation and maintenance (Microsoft and Linux)
- Virtualization technologies (VMWare)
- Database administration (SQL/Server and Oracle)
- Enterprise applications installation and maintenance
- Backup and disaster recovery / business continuity
- Active Directory (AD)
- Systems security software and protocols.
- Network topologies
- Storage systems (NAS, SAN, etc.)
- Ticketing systems/service management processes
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects,
developing internal/external relationships, establishing cross-team
partnerships and managing competing priorities.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, issue analysis and
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced multicultural global
- Ability to gather and address both business and technical
- Requires national and international travel.