Contract Forklift Operator at DRS Technologies
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fitchburg, Massachusetts
DRS Technologies provides leading edge products and services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Focused on defense electronics, we develop and manufacture a broad range of mission critical systems and components in the areas of communications, combat systems, battlefield digitization, electro-optics, power systems, data storage, digital imaging, flight safety and space. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com
DRS Naval Power Systems provides engineering and manufacturing services for Naval and commercial machinery systems. This includes the design and fabrication of advanced electric machinery including high performance torque/power dense permanent magnet motors, generators and associated power electronics, large rotating machinery, industrial turbine technology, packaged power and propulsion systems, mechanical equipment modeling and naval machinery inspection.
Job Location: Fitchburg, MA
We operate on a 9/80 work schedule, with eligibility to work 80 hrs in 9 days and have every other Friday off.
DRS seeks experienced multiple Forklift Operators. These contract positions will be responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget. 3-4 months contract to hire, 1st shift 6:00 am- 3:30pm and 2nd Shift 3:00 PM - 12:30 PM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Know job related machine/equipment capabilities and all safety and maintenance related processes/requirements Perform check-out and maintenance on all job related equipment on a daily basis Submit maintenance ticket on any equipment requiring maintenance
- Utilizing an average size forklifts that can move up to 10,000 lbs.
- Lifting parts for Motors and Turbines that are on pallets. Weight from 50 to 10000 lbs
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget
- Follows written work instructions must maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety procedures including those which govern the handling of materials, chemicals, tools, and equipment (WHMIS)
- Proper use of required PPE
- May participate in LEAN Events, “Six S” activities, action teams etc
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values, and culture of the organization
- Ability to work overtime when required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- License 1C
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- US Citizenship required
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous experience assembling large, complex, rotating machinery a plus
Must be able to lift 50 lbs, bend, walk, stoop, climb, and kneel on a regular basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet #NPS