Sr. Systems Engineer at American Kennel Club
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
This position is responsible for maintaining the AKC's computer and server environment. Responsible for the planning and engineering of the organization's systems infrastructure. Includes the implementation and design of hardware and software. Monitors the performance of systems. Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Works under general supervision. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a team lead or manager. Typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience plus 6-8 years of systems support experience.
- Possess excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Possess technical knowledge of each of the AKC’s systems, hardware and software, as well as basic knowledge of the underlying architecture.
- Install operating system software, patches and upgrades on computer systems.
- Maintain a thorough and current understanding of the technology available for workstations and networked computing solutions.
- Key member of the team tasked with maintaining secure, high-performance network and workstation connections to corporate network. Should be up to date on latest security threats, and have an eye toward keeping the AKC environment secure.
- Perform regular internal account access audits and monitoring to ensure systems security.
- Must have the ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve system hardware, software and networking issues.
- Create, manage, and destroy storage space on NetApp filers for use across NFS, CIFS, and iSCSI environments.
- Have a full understanding of the AKC’s back-up and disaster recovery procedures. This position is accountable for the administration of the AKC’s DR solution.
- Build new servers and install software as required, and contribute to architectural decisions as we update our services.
- Ability to thrive and take on some leadership in a collaborative team environment
- Ensure documentation on all implemented system exists and includes configuration as well as administration responsibilities and processes.