Health Aide at East Boston Neighborhood
Posted in Admin - Clerical 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: East Boston, Massachusetts
Thank you for your interest in careers at EBNHC!
Applicants are not required to have a candidate account before applying. However, at the conclusion of your application we encourage you to create a new account. This will enable you to track the status of your applications as well as use previously entered information in future applications.
We look forward to your becoming part of the EBNHC team!
Current Employees of EBNHC - Please use the internal careers portal to apply for positions.
To learn more about working at EBNHC and our benefits, check out our Careers Page at careers.ebnhc.org.
Time Type:Part time
Department:ESP Home Care-Support. Housing
All Locations:East Boston
Description:Provides Neighborhood PACE participants with in-home assistance with ADLs and IADLs. Must be able to work independently and efficiently in minimally supervised setting, problem solve effectively while recognizing when to seek advice from supervisory staff, and show respect and appreciation for the participant’s home, guests, and community. May be assigned to other supervised settings such as the PACE Center, on occasion and as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently monitors participant ADL/IADL care plans and follows plan of care as stated.Documents care provided on participant flow sheets.
- Check the health aide voicemail at the beginning of each shift and every two hours until the end of the shift. Reports any abnormal findings, alterations in participant status and/or care refusal to the team in a timely fashion by reporting to the appropriate day center call in line or Nurse On Call when applicable.
- Assists participants with ADLs per assignment, as defined in ADL/IADL care plan and as needed, for example when a participant requests assistance with toileting.
- Accompanies participants to appointments as assigned.
- Carries out simple treatments under the direction of nursing staff, including simple catheter care, skin assessments during personal care.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Current certification as a H.H.A. /C.N.A. from an approved program. (ex. Red Cross). Must demonstrate competencies before providing participant care.
- A minimum of one year experience working with a frail or elderly population.
- Prior experience as health aide, personal care assistant or similar role.
- Vehicle to travel from home to home preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills; bilingual a plus.
- Physical capability to provide ADL and mobility assistance to all PACE participants.