Associate Director, Accounting Analytics at Save the Children
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
The Associate Director, Accounting Analytics will be responsible for managing financial processes to support accurate and timely financial statements and agency management reporting. S/he will be a resource for the Finance Division to provide guidance on policy and accounting processes and will be vital role for producing reports and analysis. S/he will provide accounting and control expertise, develop analytical reporting and participate in process improvement initiatives.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Manage balance sheet review process and related financial reporting and audit requirements: 25%
- Review reconciliations for compliance with audit requirements and prepare monthly variance analysis
- Maintain listing of accounts and responsibilities
- Develop reporting and analysis for high dollar accounts
- Prepare analytic requests to support the audit PBC items
Define and report on Functional Expenses and Revenue: 15%
- Assist in preparation of the functional expense allocation on periodic basis
- Assist in preparation of audit schedules and reconcile to general ledger for functional expense and revenue
- Review and share findings on implementing FASB Accounting Standards Update for not for profit accounting
- Analyze functional expenses and identify improvement opportunities
- Assist in preparation of the agency revenue “green sheet” to account for net asset release from temporarily restricted.
Support periodic management reporting preparation and review: 20%
- Prepare agency quarterly match summary report
- Prepare agency grant roll forward receivable report periodically and follow-up with action items
- Prepare agency SEFA report and facilitate updates necessary
- Assist in reconciling agency SEFA report to SCI FRA
Lead Process Improvement Initiatives and Communications across division and agency: 15%
- Finance lead for continuous improvement, specifically related to global finance, revenue and accounting initiatives
- Support the Senior Director, Global Finance & Revenue and the CFO on accounting related projects and decision making
- Support the Senior Director, Global Finance & Revenue and the CFO on division and agency communications related to NICRA, functional expense, dashboards, etc.
Analyze and oversee complex accounting transactions or issues: 15%
- Determine accounting treatment for new or unusual transactions, e.g. Real Estate Lease, Loans, Planned gifts,
- Research accounting and tax requirements, e.g. use IRS.gov to lookup reporting for overseas entities
- Prepare accounting analysis, e.g. net assets, NICRA, and related financial entries and processes.
- Discuss implication to SCUS financial statements of Accounting Standards with KPMG
Review and advise on accounting policies: 10%
- Partner with the Finance Division staff to create/revise accounting policies
- Partner with Senior Director, Global Finance & Revenue on policy requirements and exceptions
- You have a minimum 5-7 years' experience in area of expertise
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional level of technical or managerial knowledge, skills, and experience to manage the operational activities of a unit or team, or provide the technical and management support related to various size programs, grants or projects.
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Excel and Access skills.
- Highly developed problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to present information in an informative and clear manner. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and the utmost of integrity in all aspects of the position.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships.
- Willingness to travel.
- Familiarity with Agresso or similar accounting system
- Not-for-Profit accounting, finance and grant experience
- MBA and/or CPA
What’s In It for You
- Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are changing the lives of children all around the world
- A family friendly work environment
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Generous paid vacation days, holidays, family leave days, and sick time
- Healthcare plans including medical, dental, and life insurance
- Retirement savings account with matching company contributions
- Structured and formalized management development and coaching programs for mid and senior level managers
- Extensive e-learning opportunities on a variety of topics offered through our affiliation with several prestigious universities as well as language learning opportunities
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited
from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.