PGIM Real Estate - Investment Analyst at Prudential
Posted in Real Estate 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PGIM Real Estate is the global real estate investment business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate has professionals in 18 cities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific with deep local knowledge and expertise, and gross assets under management of $69.0 billion ($50.5 billion net) as of September 30, 2017
PGIM Real Estate’s tenured team offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate investment vehicles that span the risk-return spectrum across core, core plus, value-add, debt, securities, and specialized investment strategies. For more information, please visit http://www.pgimrealestate.com.
Investment Analyst Program
PGIM Real Estate has an Investment Analyst program with positions throughout its US offices. Analysts work with small teams of investment professionals in the Asset Management, Marketing, Portfolio Management, Research, and Transactions units.
There is currently an asset management Investment Analyst position available on the core plus real estate investment funds. This position is based in Chicago, Illinois and reports to a Vice President located in the region.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review weekly and monthly property management leasing and financial reports. Participate in discussions with the on-site property management teams regarding operations and capital needs. Coordinate ad-hoc requests.
- Analyze investment decisions for leasing, financing, buy/sell scenarios including preparation of cash flow models, sensitivity tables, property valuations, and joint venture structuring for properties ranging from development to stabilized operating assets.
- Participate in the annual property budget and strategic plan process.
- Coordinate property appraisal process and review quarterly appraisals for accuracy.
- Provide on-going and quarterly portfolio level reports.
- Analyze economic, legal, political and market conditions within assigned areas.
- Support the transaction due diligence and closing processes.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders: leasing/ sales brokers, property managers, portfolio analysts, joint venture partners, property appraisers, and operations/ accounting teams to support the asset management operation.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- The ideal candidate would have at least one to two years of work experience in a related field.
- Understanding of basic real estate terms and concepts such as net leases, gross leases, contracts, rents, percentage rents, operating expenses, capital expenditures, recovery of expenses, property types.
- Understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI returns, cash flow returns, internal rate of return, present value/discounted cash flow.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability.
- Strong written communication skills required.
- Interpersonal and communication skills. Self-starter.
- Computer proficiency with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Argus is a plus.
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Prudential is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.