Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
BMW Of North America BMW Technology Corporation Designworks USA
The Senior Analyst, Trade Compliance is responsible for ensuring full compliance with US and international export control regulations by supporting the Manager, Export Control in the daily management, execution and supervision of export control related operations. The incumbent will also assist with the development, implementation and enforcement of the local trade compliance strategy, in line with the BMW Group strategy. Key responsibilities consist of supporting the trade compliance infrastructure in the US by managing all export control related transactional functions and processes of the SAP-GTS system.
This includes the monitoring of import/export transactions related to BMW US entities under the area of responsibility and timely resolution of import/export related issues to minimize impact to business; determining, maintaining and updating product import/export related classification information; creating, maintaining, and monitoring consumption of export authorizations (e.g. export licenses); and preparing export documentation (e.g. commercial/proforma invoices, shipper’s letter of instructions, EEI reports), license applications and/or commodity jurisdiction and/or CCATS requests.
The Senior Analyst, Trade Compliance is expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of trade compliance processes. They should seek opportunities for efficiency, effectiveness and expansion of shared service activities across BMW entities. This includes assisting with the design, implementation and execution of automated systems and system enhancements.
The Senior Analyst, Trade Compliance position is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Employee car program
401(k) Savings Plan
Retirement Income Account
What are you waiting for...jump into the driver's seat and apply today!
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from an accredited four-year college/university, or equivalent experience
• 3 years of experience in a customs or trade compliance role with emphasis on export related responsibilities and exposure to export control requirements
• In-depth knowledge and experience in the specialized disciplines noted throughout this job description is required
• Strong hands-on operational compliance knowledge
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with company management of all organizational levels, functional counterparts, US Government officials, and service providers
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Graduate degree a plus
• Prior experience working with SAP-GTS strongly preferred
• Customhouse broker license strongly preferred
• International industry experience highly desirable