Staff Security Engineer at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Foster City, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
With Illumina’s cloud-enabled environment for data management and analysis, we offer a complete solution that begins at the point of data generation – the sequencing instrument. It allows the scalable integration of best-in-class applications and algorithms into any lab workflow. We enable understanding and analysis across data sets through sophisticated algorithms. This approach combines continuously curated public content with your own unique data sets and analysis.
Our security team is looking for a talented Security Engineer to help us strengthen our world-class business. As a valued team member, you will identify, evaluate, provision and maintain controls, providing visibility into the health, and security of our environment. Our tools are used both day-to-day in routine monitoring as well as during outages or incidents when there is urgency and every minute counts.
You will be collaborating closely with engineering, operations and technology groups to define and maintain security, using modern technologies in private cloud and public cloud (AWS) infrastructure with a global footprint. You are a highly motivated to integrate security capabilities into continuous release planning and execution for all Illumina cloud products.
- Evaluate existing controls to identify gaps and areas for improvement
- Consult with Engineering and Development Teams on complex security problems
- Build automation to implement, and integrate security into the DevOps
- Building new scripts and tools to automate routine security tasks
- Building new dashboards and alert boards in Splunk or other tools
- Respond to security incidents according to an incident response plan/playbook
- Assist in evaluating and implementing new controls and technologies
- Drive security by turning requirements into actions and deliverables
- Provide sales enablement assistance in all Illumina market areas
- Work in a very fast-pace environment, delivering KPI driven monitoring
- 5+ years Unix / Windows / Network Engineering administrator experience.
- 5 years security engineering experience
- Solid Understanding of OWASP Top 10 Wab Application Vulnerabilities
- Experience with VeraCode, Fortify, AppScan, Burp or other SAST/DAST tools
- Previous experience and excellent understanding of Splunk or any other enterprise-grade monitoring/log management tools
- Proficient with Linux shell, PowerShell, and/or Python
- Recent experience with SAAS monitoring tools through API
- Familiarity with GDPR and other international privacy regulations
- Experience with standards and compliance frameworks including ISO2700, CIS, NIST, SOC1/SOC2, FedRAMP, IRAP, ITIL, etc.
- Experience with securing DevOps environments
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient and skilled team player to deliver combined results
Nice to have
- Knowledge of AWS security controls a strong plus
- Experience with public and/or private clouds
- Revision control systems such as git or svn
- Project/Program management experience
- Certifications such as CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, etc.
Headquartered in San Diego, California, Illumina (NASDAQ: ILMN), is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of next generation life science tools and integrated systems for large-scale analysis of genetic variation and biological function. These systems are enabling studies that were not even imaginable just a few years ago, and moving us closer to the realization of personalized medicine. With the innovative advances in our sequencing technologies, we are rapidly impacting the clinical market in areas such as reproductive health and oncology. The expanding Illumina oncology portfolio of next- generation sequencing NGS and microarray technologies is revolutionizing cancer genomics research. Our customers include a broad range of academic, government, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and other leading institutions around the globe.
Illumina has experienced phenomenal growth from $10 million in revenues in 2002 to over $1.9 billion in 2014. Forbes named Illumina #1 on the 2009 list of 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in the United States, the second time over a three year period that Forbes ranked Illumina #1 on its list of rapidly growing technology companies. Illumina was also named #1 smartest company in the world as part of MIT’s 2014 Technology Review. As of February 2016, the company had a $21 billion market capitalization.
EOE / Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf