Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
The Beauty Editor is responsible for writing, editing, and developing all beauty- and style-related content on GoodHousekeeping.com and Redbookmag.com. The ideal candidate is hyper-passionate about all things beauty (trends, tricks, expert advice!). We’re looking for an idea-filled person with fun voice and an editor’s sharp eye for smart digital packaging for both written and video content. An organized creative will thrive in this role — someone who loves finding new ways to report and package service-driven content, curate product roundups with unique angles, develop voice-y essays and produce fun, short-form videos that people share. We’re looking for someone who is eager to expand our coverage creatively and has a proven track record for reaching new digital audiences.
Key responsibilities include:
· Pitching, writing and/or editing, and producing 2-4 original pieces of content daily – including a mix of voice-y listicles, news briefs, product and trend roundups, and image-driven service pieces – covering the following: hair care, skin care, makeup tips and trends, personal style, general wellness (e.g. personal care and body image) and more
· Pitching, developing and producing monthly beauty-focused photo and video shoots
· Commissioning and top editing freelance beauty-related service and reported pieces, photo-driven packages/franchise and unique personal essays
· Helping to define, expand and own each brands’ beauty POV on site, on social and via video
· Liaising with the Good Housekeeping and Redbook Magazine, Good Housekeeping Institute health and beauty experts, and outside experts for additional reporting and ideas
Desired Skills and Experience