Director, Verticals Marketing at Prudential
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Iselin, New Jersey
At Prudential Retirement, we are passionate about making long-term financial security a reality. We care about helping our clients meet their goals and overcome challenges. That’s why our teams are constantly solving problems and creating innovative solutions that put people at the center and help improve organizational and individual financial wellness.
The Verticals Marketing Director, Full Service Marketing will be responsible for orchestrating and guiding the strategic Marketing activities for the vertical industries within the Full Service businesses of Prudential Retirement, including Healthcare, Taft-Hartley and Government. The individual will help build and lead a high caliber team of strategic marketing professionals. The ideal candidate will be a creative and analytical thinker who seeks to deeply understand the specific needs and behaviors of customers in order to deliver innovation and differentiation. There are several positions reporting up to this individual, responsible for the marketing strategies and execution plans for the vertical industries within our Full Service business.
This individual will also work closely with Full Service business team members to refine and articulate the value proposition and brand promise. The Verticals Marketing Director will also be involved in developing and driving an integrated strategic marketing plan that supports business objectives around growth, retention and profitability. The individual will work closely with corporate partners (Customer Office, Brand Marketing) and other division marketing leads to ensure alignment with the Corporate brand and foster partnership around cross division initiatives.
The Verticals Marketing Director will work closely with our Sales and Strategic Relationship group in addition to other constituents across the business (Product, Customer Experience and Research, Finance).
Success will be determined by this individual’s ability to:
- Impact sales, engagement, loyalty, retention and profitable growth
- Create a voice in the market place that creates differentiation and drives advocacy
- Implement a low cost, scalable, low complexity operating model that enables the Marketing Execution operation to operate in a low cost, high impact fashion
- Bring the value proposition to life and drive positive change in the organization that reinforces the value proposition
- Create a positive organization climate that encourages personal growth, team engagement and leads by example
The Verticals Marketing Director, Full Service, is a leadership role within an organization that is structured to partner with the business to drive growth and engagement. This individual will be accountable for contributing to scalable, high impact solutions that create differentiation in the market place.
- Develop and drive an integrated Marketing Strategy and Execution plan for the verticals that is aligned to drive business results.
- Coach members of the Verticals Marketing Strategy team to develop high impact and focused marketing strategies and execution plans that reinforce the brand and value proposition, drive growth and engagement among various constituents.
- Ensure marketing plans are fully integrated and prioritized.
- Ensure marketing strategies reduce cost and complexity and are repeatable and scalable.
- Develop learning agendas and continuous improvement models for all activities.
- Ensure deep customer insight is at the center of all marketing plans.
- Ensure marketing activities adhere to budgeted allocations, advising on making trade-offs and choices to drive high impact solutions using the best methods possible.
- Ensure an “end-to-end” mindset and connectivity across all marketing actions.
- Ensure we are maximizing impact of external and internal communications.
The ideal candidate with have strong business and strategic marketing experience with a proven track record of creating growth and market differentiation. Other relevant qualifications are:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience and a proven track record of driving marketing strategy and execution for Financial Institutions or Consumer Packaged goods firms
- Experience with B2B and B2C marketing
- Experience with digital marketing and new marketing trends
- Experience with external agencies
- Understanding of economic business drivers and financial instruments
- Proven consulting skills enabling the individual to work with others to elicit information, to think objectively and analytically and to influence outcomes positively
- Demonstrated experience leading a varied team of professionals
- Excellent leadership, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly develop a deep knowledge of the company, industry, products and services
- FINRA Series 6 & 26 licenses required within 120 days of hire
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time
Business Acumen: Demonstrates understanding of the interdependencies of key business processes, functions and risks. Identifies and uses the key financial indicators necessary to measure business performance. Knows the competitors; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Seeks to identify and anticipate customer requirements, expectations and needs.
Critical Thinking: Researches and evaluates the costs, risks and benefits of alternatives before coming to a solution. Uses resources to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues. Approaches problems holistically; defines connections, linkages, interdependencies and develops solutions. Takes ownership of problems and stays on top of them until resolved.
Execution/ Drives Results: Anticipates issues before they arise. Makes decisions in high stakes situations with appropriate input from team/management. Critically and logically evaluates the consequences and implications of alternatives, actions or decisions.
Engage and Inspire: Encourages others to set challenging goals and high standards of performance. Fosters a sense of energy, ownership and personal commitment to the work. Creates an environment in which performance excellence is expected.
Communications: Ability to engage in and model courageous and constructive dialogue; confidence to offer a new and potentially challenging idea to foster conversation and critical thinking; ability to successfully deliver difficult and/or complex messages and help others understand multiple points of view.
Improvement and Innovations: Focuses efforts on continuously improving practices that create value. Drives the team to leverage fresh perspectives, breakthrough ideas and new paradigms to create value in the market. Supports an environment that encourages innovation and intelligent risk taking.
Attracting and Building Strong Talent: Act as a leader on a high performing strategy team by identifying, developing and retaining top talent and by creating a climate that encourages transparency and inclusivity. Assign work to team members in ways that leverage and develop people’s capabilities.