Inside Sales (CSR) / Estimator - Warrenton, MO at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Warrenton, Missouri
Job ID: 127838
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are seeking a full-time Inside Sales / Estimator at our Warrenton location. The function of this position is to support our sales department by providing estimate/bid pricing to customers, along with resolving product and service issues. The function of this job is to serve as an ambassador (customer advocate) between the customer and the company, providing them the best service with your knowledge. The ideal candidate would have experience working from take-offs and specifications to provide quotes, along with great communication and follow-up skills.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitor the production and arrival of custom fabricated hardware
- Maintain shop inventory of stock items
- Oversee Shop technicians, planning daily schedule of work to coordinate with the arrival of material and expected ship dates
- Ensure department safety procedures are being observed. Report any equipment issues to maintenance and the Plant Manager
- Create stock length cost proposals for customers based on elevation take-offs, using our price book and computer software
- Write orders, purchase requisitions, metal requests, credits and MRA’s
- Provide pricing for change orders and backorders to ensure accurate invoicing
- Provide detailed estimates to our customers in a timely manner. Work from architectural drawings and specifications, shop drawings, or elevation take-offs
- Follow up on estimates and provide feedback concerning market pricing levels
- Enter orders, door fab sheets, metal requests, and assist walk-in customers
- Provide consultation, coordination, and assistance to our customers, sales force and internal personnel
- Maintain detailed and organized records of bid documents, correspondence, and other project-specific information
- Assist with phone coverage
- Provide assistance to all co-workers when needed
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to read, interpret, & understand architectural drawings and specifications and provide detailed take-offs and estimates that incorporate different building envelope solutions
- Have experience using computer software estimating programs to prepare estimates
- Knowledge of aluminum glazing systems & their applications
- Strong geometry & math skills
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle numerous projects, phones, prioritize workload & work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively & conduct themselves professionally; excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Need to have good working knowledge of fabrication and installation in order to have good understanding of customer needs
- Knowledge and experience of custom door hardware application and pricing
- Personal desktop computers, fax machine, copy machine, calculator, writing instruments, telephone, and various printers
- Issued safety equipment
- This position is a largely sedentary; however, caution needs to be taken when listing files, boxes, and opening file cabinet drawers
- To avoid injuries to hands, back and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation
- The primary work environment is a climate controlled office
- Ability to perform light hand activity work at a computer/telephone station in an office environment
- Position is primarily sedentary
- Some duties may involve being in a plant environment where noise levels can be moderate to high and be subject to the same general climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.)
- Chemicals, dust, pollen, and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls, and PPE.
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are according to the company’s hazardous communication program
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.