Copy Editor at Arthrex, Inc.
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Naples, Florida
|Division:||Arthrex, Inc. (US01)|
|Location:||INC- Naples, FL (US08)|
The Copy Editor is responsible for reviewing and editing content in print and digital marketing collateral, ensuring accuracy and compliance with all AMA, AP and Arthrex styles, and FDA rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver timely and accurate reviews of content
- Copyedit and proofread a variety of promotional and educational materials targeted to surgeons, health care professionals, patients, agency representatives and others; as needed, copywriting tasks may also be assigned
- Review and revise drafted content in collaboration with marketing communications, product management, corporate communications and other teams and clarify any concerns
- Review to include: verification of registration and trademark usage, spelling and grammar, punctuation, medical terminology; applies consistent product message (tone/terminology) across asset portfolio; ensure content adheres to AMA, AP and Arthrex style standards; fact-check and cross-check all tables, figures, references, graphics, citations, part numbers, etc
- Simultaneously manage multiple project assignments of varying complexity and urgency
- Partner with cross-functional team of creatives, project management and digital librarians throughout project life cycle
- Work in Marketing Resource Management (MRM) and Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems with regards to reviews and annotation tools
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field required
- Three years of experience in medical writing/editing
- Experience with a medical education/communications/agency or orthopedic company desired
- Strong familiarity with scientific and medical terminology, preferably orthopedics
- Knowledge of guidelines, standards and regulations relative to medical marketing communications
- Proven track record of success
- Familiarity with FDA rules and regulations
- Familiarity with terminology management processes and tools is a plus
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Proofreading with a high accuracy rate
- Comprehensive understanding of AMA and AP style
- Articulate oral and written communication skills essential
- Superior English grammar skills required; German, Spanish, Portuguese language skills also desired
- Ability to set priorities, solve problems, and multi-task in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with all levels of staff and management including senior leadership
- Ability to communicate with peers, cross-functional partners, and internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and strong attention to detail in a team environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Flexibility in meeting the changing demands of each project
- Ability to ensure scientific accuracy by fact-checking all relevant copy
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Experience working with a variety of software tools including Microsoft Office Suite, MRM and DAM software preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.