AAE/Account Executive, Corporate & Brand Marketing at Ketchum
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
Location: New York, New York
This is a tremendous opportunity to work on a high profile automotive account with a focus on brand and product marketing, where your work is making a direct impact on our client’s business and helping achieve great results. Our team is always energized to deliver strategic, media savvy and results-oriented work so a competitive (and media loving/storytelling) spirit would fit in well.
About the Job
- Assist with media backgrounders, client briefing books/materials, event logistics, etc.
- Interest/experience pitch writing and media relations – you will be picking up the phone to pitch!
- Men's interest/auto media relations skills are a plus
- Drive creative and innovative thinking to help expand lifestyle coverage/media interest beyond endemic auto
- Act as liaison between account team and internal/external vendors and services, such as copy center, design, video production and promotions as needed
- Create and maintain media lists; conduct media searches/inquiries
- Prepare monthly activity reports and conference/meeting status reports for circulation to team members as needed
- Light media monitoring
- Coordinate team and/or client meetings as needed, including scheduling, meeting room set-up, catering and travel, as appropriate
- Track event attendance and publications by media/influencers
- Assist with the ownership of billing procedures within the team by maintaining billing, invoices and job numbers IND13
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field
- AAE is not our entry level role. Two or more years experience in public relations or a similar position in a non-agency setting required
- Men's interest/auto media relations skills a plus
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to grasp complex business related subject matter of clients’ business
- Familiar with social media platform and how to use it to drive brand awareness, engagement, and traffic to a website/social media pages, plus hands-on experience generating awareness through social media and online communities in relation to broader media mix
- Ability to actively participate in the development of social media plans
- Growing aptitude to translate trends, technologies and metrics into conversational English
As a global public relations and communications agency with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum builds brands and reputations for clients. We start conversations, build communities and engage stakeholders—and have a lot of fun doing it. We inspire and empower our people to think about products, companies, issues and challenges in a different way. And we’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We believe great ideas shatter expectations, change thinking and build brands. We call this break through, and it’s our mission to deliver it. How? Very simply—our people. By listening, cultivating diverse perspectives and rewarding fearless creativity, we’ve developed a culture of break through.
What we offer
Robust benefits program
Generous time off policies
Retirement program with company match
Business casual dress code
Workplace and off-site social gatherings
Yoga @ work
Professional learning and development opportunities
Paid maternity/paternity leave
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.