Electrical Precision Technician at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Muskogee, Oklahoma
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Electrical Precision Technician - Muskogee, OK
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our Georgia-Pacific Facility in Muskogee, OK is searching for an Electrical Precision Technician to join our team.
This is an experienced skilled crafts position that creates value by programming, troubleshooting, and ensuring production equipment operates at optimum performance levels to meet productivity goals. This position will support the long-term quality and production goals of the organization by demonstrating teamwork and initiative and by adhering to all safety standards and codes.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensuring proper operation of all electrical/control system components to include: electronic components, motors, solenoids, limit switches, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), I/O modules and photo-eye sensors
- Working as a team with the Supervisors, Maintenance Coordinator, and Operations to plan, procure and document activities for the enhancement of electrical maintenance within the facility
- Sharing knowledge with other technicians as it relates to maintaining and troubleshooting PLCs and controls
- Applying all applicable codes, regulations, reliability strategies, corporate and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) standards
- Improving operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, and coordination of labor, parts, material, tools, and equipment access
- Reviewing, developing, and/or modifying work orders for all plant equipment and entering work orders into the facility maintenance system
- Contacting vendors and manufacturers as needed for support with issue resolution
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment as required by specific jobs
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
One of the following:
- Associate or Technical degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Systems, Instrumentation, or Electronic Technology
- At least two (2) years of electrical/electronic/control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in one of the following troubleshooting Allen-Bradley (A-B) Guard-Logix or A-B Control-Logix
- Experience with variable speed drives, A-B Power-Flex,
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, on-call and holidays as needed
- Experience reading and following electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints
What Will Put You Ahead?
Experience with systems integration to include PLC, HMI, instrumentation, networking, communication, power distribution
Experience with computer operating systems, networks and electronic information handling
- Experience with Fanuc Robots
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf