Repair Technician II- PV at Ametek, Inc.
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Waukegan, Illinois
Job ID: 10275
The Service/Repair Tech II is responsible for servicing customers through in house and on-site evaluation, troubleshooting, and repair efforts on a variety power conditioning and uninterruptible power supply systems and related products. The tasks associated with this function include following work instructions, understanding schematics and bills of materials; conduct final quality inspections and testing of products; engaging in telephone technical support; issuing Return Material Authorizations to customers; evaluate returned products for nonconformance’s and report observations.
• Ability to understand a variety of instructions in written and or oral form
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision
• Demonstrate a mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
• Ability to effectively speak, write, and read English
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
• Experience with a variety of typical electronics test equipment as well as hand operated and hand held power tools.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical/electrical drawings, schematics, bills of material, as well as follow work instructions and test procedures
• Experience working with voltages above 120 VAC
• Microsoft software knowledge
• Two-year Associate Degree in Electronics, or equivalent training and/or on the job experience
Duties and Responsibilities
• Troubleshoot and evaluate returned manufactured and distributed products and applicable electronic circuitry
• Travel to customer sites for service as required and on occasion with less than 24 hours’ notice, or for extended periods of time
• Identify and summarize failure modes for quality and engineering purposes
• Perform telephone technical support and issue return authorization when necessary
• Documents actions by completing production and service forms
• Meets service repair goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
• Must be able to work overtime when warranted
• Other duties as assigned
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.