Technology Lead - US at Infosys
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Foster City, California
Infosys – Technology Lead - Hadoop Big Data Developer/Engineer –
Infosys has developed a world-class business consulting model to ignite technology-led transformation for enterprises. Our team is led by senior consultants with extensive experience in business strategy development. Organized around business verticals, such as banking, retail and telecom, these consultants and their teams ensure that our solutions are enriched with all the advantages that deep domain expertise brings.
Wanted: Global Innovators To Help Us Build Tomorrow’s Enterprise
In the role of Team Lead – Big Data Engineer, you will interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including Requirements Elicitation, Application Architecture definition and Design. You will play an important role in creating the high level design artifacts. You will also deliver high quality code deliverables for a module, lead validation for all types of testing and support activities related to implementation, transition and warranty. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
This role may require relocation: Locations: Phoenix, AZ and Foster City, CA
• Minimum 4 years Design and Development experience in Java/Core Java related technologies
• At least 2 years of hands on design and development experience on Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, Hbase, PIG, Hive, and MapReduce) including one or more of the following Big data related technologies – Scala, SPARK, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka and Python
• Strong understanding of Hadoop fundamentals
• Should be a strong communicator and be able to work independently with minimum involvement from client SMEs
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required. Will also consider three years of relevant work experience in lieu of every year of education
• Background in all aspects of software engineering with strong skills in parallel data processing, data flows, REST APIs, JSON, XML, and micro service architecture
• Must have strong programming knowledge of Core Java - Objects & Classes, Data Types, Arrays and String Operations, Operators, Control Flow Statements, Inheritance and Interfaces, Exception Handling, Serialization, Collections, Reading and Writing Files
• Knowledge of large data sets and experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting
• Experience in one or more Domain, Financial, Manufacturing, Healthcare, or Retail
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
Infosys is a leading provider of next-generation consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We are dedicated to helping organizations; build tomorrow’s enterprise and advance the way the world works. That's why Forbes ranks us 19th among the top 100 most innovative companies. Our employees partner with clients to transform their business - one conversation; one idea; one insight at a time. While we are at it, some things remain unchanged: the unwavering ethics, transparency and respect behind everything we do. We will always be a company powered by intellect and driven by values. So, if your passion is to build solutions that really make a difference to enterprises, the community and your world, Infosys is the right place for you.
EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity