Locum Associate or Senior Editor (Microbiology), Nature at Springer Nature
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Job Title: Locum Associate or Senior Editor (Microbiology), Nature
Location: London, New York, San Francisco or Berlin
Do you love science but feel that a career at the bench isn’t enough to sate your desire to learn more about the natural world? Do you enjoy reading papers outside your chosen area of research? If the answer is ‘yes’, you could be the person we’re looking for to join the editorial team of Nature.
Nature, the international weekly journal of science, seeks to appoint a Locum editor specializing in microbiology to join a team dedicated to publishing the world's best original research in the biological sciences. The successful candidate will report to the Chief Biological Sciences Editor and play a key role in determining how biological sciences are represented - through the selection and preparation of manuscripts for publication and by interacting with the relevant research communities. These are demanding and intellectually stimulating positions, and call for a keen interest in the practice and communication of science.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
• A strong track record of research in microbiology.
• A PhD (or equivalent) in microbiology.
• A passion for science and a thirst to learn more. You must be able to demonstrate the breadth of your interest in scientific research, both within and beyond your speciality.
• The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from different areas of this discipline.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken).
• Be eager to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
The position is offered on a full-time, temporary basis, and may be located in our London, New York, San Francisco or Berlin.
Please apply by sending your CV, covering letter (including your class of degree, a brief account of your research and other relevant experience, and details of your current salary) and a concise discussion of recent scientific developments which you have found particularly exciting (stating why).
Closing date: 5th February 2018
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.