Associate Research Analyst at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rochester, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edelman Intelligence is the strategic and insights-driven market research arm of Edelman – the world’s largest and most global public relations firm. We are strategic partners and consultants to a wide range of top-tier clients. Our engagements span primary and secondary research, measurement and analytics, and utilize a full suite of cutting edge tools and methodologies. Our motto is Intelligent Engagement, and our mission is quite simple… we strive to make our client engagements the smartest they can be. Whether it is optimizing a messaging strategy or identifying a target audience, we are committed to engagements that marry creativity + strategy in the world of marketing communications.
We are looking for an Associate Research Analyst, to join our team of experienced researchers in our Rochester, New York office. In this position, you will play a key role in the measurement and analysis of media coverage on our client companies across the media spectrum – broadcast, print, online, and social media. This insight helps our clients, many of whom are Fortune 500 corporations, to develop better communications and business strategies.
This is an Entry Level position intended to introduce employees to the market research industry, media analysis, and public relations measurement. Typically, the work hours for this position could start as early as 6:00 am.
- On a tight timeline, search a combination of free and subscription-based databases to identify and consolidate media content that is relevant to specific clients and projects
- Prioritize and organize the media content into media monitoring reports using both 3rd party and proprietary software
- Analyze articles and documents to classify/categorize them and capture meta-data including tone (favorability), influencers and spokespeople, messages communicated, outlet type, and topic
- Produce charts, presentation slides, and other aspects of client deliverables
- Track time spent on individual tasks in detail using in-house project management software
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, business, economics, or related area of study
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research and analysis
- Advanced reading and interpretation skills
- Demonstrated ability to use online tools and the Internet to perform online desk research
- Excellent writing skills, effortless accuracy in spelling and grammar, able to write to a journalistic standard, using active voice and objective analysis
- Strong time management skills; able to consistently meet deadlines on reports and projects
- Detail oriented, able to ensure quality of report content by spotting and correcting issues in written work product (e.g. spelling, punctuation) and visual formatting (e.g. font weight, color, underlining)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PP, Outlook)