Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
Coordinates all buying activities to ensure achievement of all department, distribution center, and company financial objectives. Ensures that the highest standards of professional integrity are maintained throughout the assigned department.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Provides overall department goal setting and direction.
· Coordinates departmental activities with other departments including; DC operations, Merchandising, retail, and Corporate Procurement to ensure optimum results.
· Attends various meetings to maintain awareness of programs and issues providing relevant department information in support of programs.
· Visits stores, as needed, to monitor programs, obtain store feedback and to assess overall implementation effectiveness as needed.
· Establishes buyer inventory dollar and turn goals each quarter and monitors results taking corrective action as required.
· Monitors buyer service level performance to goals and assigns appropriate coding for “out of stock” merchandise.
· Supports and implements Corporate initiatives.
· Participates in developing and managing Division P & L by conducting analysis and providing relevant procurement data.
· Monitors department’s results compared to projections, identifies solutions and recommends corrective actions.
· Participates in projection meetings.
· Completes all buyer related activities, for assigned product lines, as detailed in Sr. Buyer description.
· Initiates and follows through on personnel actions such as: hiring, terminations, layoff, promotions and salary increases.
· Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in business or related field preferred.
· Working knowledge of procurement, logistics, inventory management, marketing, accounting and financial management practices.
· Previous buyer (preferably food industry) experiences where an understanding of the techniques and methodology has been gained.
· Understanding of assigned product.
· Interpersonal and customer relation skills to effectively develop and maintain business relationships at all levels of the company and with the outside business community.
· Strong written & verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to make appropriate decisions.
· Strong planning, organizing, and negotiating skills.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.