Digital Sales Strategist at Hearst Communications Inc.
Posted in Advertising 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
The Digital Sales Strategist's responsibility is to identify and drive digital strategies in order to attain revenue and share goals through the development of overall direction, product and service launches, and training. The DSM reports to the Vice President of Digital Sales and will strategize and work collaboratively with the sales management, and the entire sales organization to successfully execute the digital and business development needs of the client. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills. The primary objective is to meet or exceed digital revenue and share goals (monthly, quarterly, annually) through a team-based, consultative approach to sales.
The DSS is accountable for the development, focus, and momentum of digital sales efforts and revenue generation. The position is responsible for all facets of digital product development, deployment and sales execution of new initiatives including pricing, inventory, ad delivery, online billing and digital metrics to measure effectiveness. The DSS works in partnership with sales to identify clients’ digital marketing needs and integrate them into sales solutions. Solutions are multi-platform in nature, integrating the traditional print platform along with non-traditional, digital assets and new media platforms. Digital assets include SEO, SEM, Social Media.
What will you do?
- Be in the field and on sales calls with Account Executives, leading by example, in order to demonstrate and coach them on how to sell our various digital products using the current and evolving sales process.
- Be charged with coordinating and conducting training for Sales Management and Account Executives in a classroom setting, as well as, one on one.
- Assist sales and marketing in promoting the entire line of digital products.
- The position’s sole responsibility is driving new digital revenues across the entire product and customer portfolio.
What will it take to be successful?
- Drive digital product sales for assigned sales teams.
- Ability to conduct sales calls with SMB owners.
- Ability to represent the consumer for various industries.
- Facilitate trainings encompassing all digital products utilizing the current sales process.
- Motivate the sales force through recognition, sales contests, and promoting top performing accounts.
- Point person in assigned office for digital product penetration, compliance, and training.
- Identify trends, quantify impact, and communicate improvement opportunities to the product team
- Product Champion for all new digital products and services.
- Primary source of sales pitch and strategy development and implementation for digital products.
- Ability to drive digital sales through indirect reporting structure.
- Ability to motivate and coach a diverse sales force.
- Ability to analyze product trends and develop appropriate strategies to alter outcomes on individual, product and individual customer level for our digital product set.
- Ability to develop coaching plans and track results through sales management team.
- Ability to effectively transfer the practical knowledge of all aspects of the current and evolving sales process to new hires and existing employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGATE:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
SFGATE provides a 360˚ view of San Francisco, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city. It is the digital thermometer that reads the temperature of San Francisco's moods, trends, and interests, and shares it with the world.
Join our Team!