Buyer- Cedar Park, TX at APAC Texas Inc
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cedar Park, Texas
Job ID: 129085
Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States and Canada. Our operations span the nation from Montana to Texas and from Washington to Florida, with 18,000 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 states.
This position is a key resource for facilitating the effective ordering of products and services and for ensuring that supply commitments / business needs are met. The Buyer supports a variety of employees within the organization to clarify needs, evaluate and / or determine suppliers, generate / place orders and manage ongoing supplier interactions within the local operations.
- Coordinate the identification and evaluation of the most effective means of purchasing and the best sources for particular product or service expenditures
- Work with field personnel, requestors and stakeholders to clarify specifications, establish source alternatives, increase standardization and otherwise increase value related to an order
- Be aware of and drive adoption of sourced programs, as directed, to maximize value to the company
- Facilitate the process of obtaining quotes and / or bids from potential vendors, if necessary
- Maintain an understanding of current inventory levels and future demands to assist the business
- Monitor / research order history of similar products and services purchased to evaluate / track differences in costs, delivery, quality and performance
- Be familiar with the supply chain (manufacturing, distribution, delivery, use, service and disposal) related to the products and services being purchased
- Support efforts to identify and evaluate new / alternative suppliers which meet the business requirements
- Execute the generation and placing of orders with selected suppliers within the standard process and systems
- Prepare draft purchase orders within the P2P system which accurately capture the business requirements and which leverage existing programs and / or supplier relationships
- Work with suppliers and Sourcing to ensure that accurate product / service information is being communicated on orders including pricing, availability, part numbers and delivery.
- Facilitate the approval of draft purchase orders
- Arrange for the proper transportation and / or storage of the purchased products, if needed and not otherwise determined
- Place approved purchases with suppliers
- Expedite and assist with the troubleshooting of orders as needed
- Support OMG’s supplier management and evaluation efforts to ensure that supplier commitments are met and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Provide, and encourage other users, to provide feedback regarding supplier performance through participation in surveys and the use of Supplier Corrective Action Reports (SCARs), as needed
- Work with suppliers and field personnel to improve the quality and / or performance of products and services
- Assist field personnel and Sourcing to perform tests and demonstrations of products / services to evaluate value, compare results and / or identify alternatives and to ensure that supplier commitments are met
- Work with Sourcing to track market conditions, pricing trends, and opportunities to maximize purchasing value
- Support the vendor data management / vendor master maintenance processes through adherence to established payment terms and identifying the need for new or updated data information
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of business, purchasing, operations or related experience.
- Experience working with P2P systems, databases / data warehouse applications, ERP systems and / or Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with procurement tools, processes and systems would be beneficial
- Experience in mining, construction or manufacturing would be beneficial
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with others
- High ethical standards
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Understanding of procurement’s impact on financial results
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.