Research Administration Director - Office of the Vice Provost for Research at Tufts University
Posted in Research 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: MEDFORD, MassachusettsJob Description:
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
Research Administration Director - Office of the Vice Provost for Research - 18001078
The Office of the Vice Provost for Research (OVPR) Research Administration and Development division seeks to enhance the ability of Tufts University investigators to pursue their research and scholarship goals, providing leadership and expertise in pre- and post-award and supporting other functions that surround applying for and managing sponsored funding. The School of Arts & Sciences offers intensive research environment that allows faculty and students to extend the frontiers of intellectual discovery. Research Administration office at the School of Arts & Sciences works in partnership with OVPR and the School leadership and ensures hands-on active day-to-day research administration service and support to faculty, staff, and students across departments and institutes.
Provides leadership, oversight and coordination for sponsored project administration both pre- and post-award. Interacts and partners with school leadership, faculty, department managers, and the Office of the Vice Provost for Research to assess and improve the local research administration (RA) infrastructure and to ensure efficient RA resources, workflow, coverage and backstopping. Manages RA staff and serves as an RA resource for faculty and staff. Utilizing extensive research administration knowledge, guides faculty and staff in the development of sponsored proposals and post-award management of sponsored awards, interpreting sponsor guidelines and regulations, identifying and implementing solutions to complex matters, and assisting faculty and staff in navigating new research administration tools and systems.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 8+ years of experience in research administration in a university, hospital, or non-profit research setting.
- 5+ years of supervisory and management experience.
- Experience with international program administration and oversight.
- Knowledge of both pre-award and electronic application process as well as post-award financial management.
- Experience in managing compliance with federal government grants and contracts and ability to interpret and apply university and sponsor policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze complex situations, identify workable solutions, and make appropriate determinations based on regulations and the particular policies, sensitivities, and needs of the Principal Investigators, departments and schools being impacted.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to maintain a productive and supportive research environment while providing mentoring and technical assistance to staff.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven setting.
- Excellent leadership, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Must be knowledgeable in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet.
- Experienced with electronic grants management systems and enterprise research administration systems.
- Master's degree.
- Designation of Certified Research Administrator (CRA), Certified Pre-Award Research Administrator (CPRA), or Certified Financial Research Administrator (CFRA).
- Ability to coach for change.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Travel between Tufts' three campuses may be required.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Office of the Vice Provost
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jan 31, 2018, 2:24:17 PM