23 Correction Officer CTT Instructor at Adams and Associates
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Marcos, Texas
Responsible for providing students with industry recognized instruction and training in the Career Technical Training Department leading to full-time jobs, higher education or advanced training. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student data.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of one year experience in teaching or related field required. Certified, licensed, or accredited in the state in which the center is located, or is accredited by a professional trade organization. For NTC, instructor must be certified by union or trade organization, or by a national trade certifying organization. Previous Job Corps experience preferred.
Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and/or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance. (Depending upon trade)
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Responsible to provide students with training leading to Career Technical Training completion and industry-recognized certifications. Provides students with comprehensive and individualized case management that ensures student progress, achievement and completion of the Job Corps program.
- Provides quality career technical training that leads to student placement. Provides students with job leads and monitors placement of all graduates.
- Ensures classroom is well organized and conducive to student learning. Holds students accountable for following Center's dress code/behavioral standards of conduct.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.