Field Service Technician at Addison, IL Central Division - Corporate Headquarters
Posted in Supply Chain 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Addison, Illinois
Are you looking for?
- A stable organization that has been around for over 50 years and is growing (30% since 2009)
- An organization that gives you the opportunity to move up in compensation while staying close to the hands on side of the business you love or moving up the corporate ladder into management.
- That values you as an individual, one where you are part of a team and that listens to your opinions.
What we provide:
- A Monday through Friday (7 AM till 3:30 PM) schedule usually within a 45 minute drive from home. No overnights.
- One of the most comprehensive training and certification programs in the industry.
- A new or like/new corporate van and company credit card
- More company supplied tools than our nearest competitor
- Cell phone, lap top, and tablet
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for overtime.
- Financial rewards with each technical certification you receive in addition to your annual review.
- Additional compensation can be earned through our volunteer Brand Ambassador Certification program which will increase your knowledge and understanding of supply chain industry and Customer First focus.
- Full benefits including health, eye, and dental, short and long term disability, 401K, life insurance, 9 paid holidays, flexible spending account, tuition reimbursement.
Field Service Technician General Summary:
To troubleshoot electro-mechanical problems, complete installations, and perform unscheduled repairs and scheduled maintenance on equipment, based upon customer demand and need. To provide complete customer satisfaction in a polite and professional manner.
- Effectively analyzes problem situations pertaining to breakdowns of customer equipment and recommends to customer actions necessary to correct situation.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor and promotes goodwill between the company and customers by providing a superior level of customer service.
- Observes, analyzes, and determines corrective course of action for service and repair of customer equipment.
- Performs necessary repairs to correct analyzed situations in a professional and productive manner.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment for contracted customers according to Company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety rules and ensures that hazardous waste is disposed of properly.
- Opens and closes work orders with Dispatch, provides service repair narratives (written and verbal) for customer, and submits paperwork for time worked and repairs completed in a neat, accurate and timely manner.
- Accounts for 100% of paid time.
- Maintains part inventory and supplies in van.
- Maintains service van to ensure that it is clean, organized and hazard free inside and out
- Ensures that regular maintenance is performed on service van (i.e. oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) and that required repairs are performed.
- Performs factory authorized modifications per specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining personal tools required for performing the job effectively and safely.
- Responsible for following customer's safety and housekeeping guidelines when performing repairs at customer site.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Knowledge of reading schematics, maps, blueprints, and manuals.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and material handling equipment.
- Skilled in providing excellent customer relations by exchanging information with courtesy and consideration.
- Ability to exhibit a professional demeanor, and develop customer relations and superior service.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with all levels of an organization internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and understand necessary service and training manuals.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or demonstrated instructions.
- Ability to maintain a good understanding of industry innovations and product availability in order to make recommendations based on customer needs.
- Ability to safely operate drills, grinders, presses, forklifts, hoists, overhead cranes and personal hand tools.
- Ability to draw upon available support resources from within the company and recognize when it is appropriate to do such.
- Such other knowledge, skills, and abilities as are necessary in connection with additionally assigned duties.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma/GED and/or one to three years mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic experience in a similar environment or equivalent in college or vocational education.
- Excellent people skills and verbal communication is necessary.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a good driving record.
Come grow with us. M/F/V/D