Small Commercial Insurance Underwriter at Chubb
Posted in Insurance 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Small Commercial Insurance Underwriter
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated to succeed, demonstrates strong teamwork, collaboration and problem solving skills and is results oriented. Candidate must have experience in multi-line underwriting. The lines of business included on the platform include but are not limited to: BOP, Commercial Auto, Workers Compensation, and Umbrella. The position is responsible for underwriting new and renewal business submitted through the online platform.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Underwriting responsibilities include: evaluating, accepting, rejecting, or modifying Small Commercial risks within established underwriting guidelines and authority utilizing Chubb’s Small Commercial on-line platform.
- Demonstrate strong underwriting quality and profitability through appropriate risk selection and documentation
- Takes ownership for an assigned book of business and communicates underwriting decisions quickly and effectively with assigned agents.
- Build and maintain a result-oriented relationship with the Territory Sales Leads for assigned book of business to drive overall results including profitability, growth, and retention.
- Identify and drive enterprise cross-sell opportunities utilizing Chubb’s full product suite, to include Financial and Management lines, for assigned book.
- Understands the unique needs of the small business owner and partners with agents to craft a specialized policy and sell Chubb’s Small Commercial value proposition
- Proactively seek to retain key renewals by working closely with the Territory Sales Leads and agents to negotiate premium and terms and conditions
- Create, implement, and execute individual agency plans in conjunction with Territory Sales Lead
- We are looking for an experienced candidate that is highly motivated to succeed, has strong desk management competencies and is results oriented. Candidate must have a minimum of 1 – 3 years of multi-line underwriting experience within the Small Commercial space and possess knowledge of policy issuance and processing center workflows
- Must possess a strong commercial multi-line underwriting acumen with the ability to handle and make rapid decisions on small commercial risks
- Demonstrate tenacious problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to change as the company advances its strategic vision
- Strong sales acumen, effective communication and creative marketing skills are critical; must be able to demonstrate success with managing tight time frames, high volumes of work, agency relationships and positioning Chubb’s strengths within the Small Commercial arena
- Exhibit a strong entrepreneurial attitude needed to build a high performing territory
- A strong track record of service orientation is required.
- Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance, coverage, products and pricing strategies expected
- Proficient in using the company’s commercial rating and policy issuance systems and software programs (MS Word, Excel) needed to conduct daily business
- Travel <10% may be required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.new.chubb.com.