Quality Management System Engineer at DRS Technologies
Posted in Aviation/Aerospace 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Leonardo DRS, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Naval Electronics is a collection of Lines of Businesses and Centers of Excellence driven to be the U.S Navy's Leading provider of electronics products, subsystems, systems and integrated solutions, and expand into adjacent markets. Naval Electronics site locations span across the continental United States
and include Johnstown, PA, Largo, FL, Chesapeake, VA, Twin Cities, MN, Germantown, MD, Washington, DC, and San Diego, CA
Responsible for quality system development and supporting product quality improvements. Develops, maintain and deploys Quality Plans and activities that translate Customer requirements into planned activities. Ability to work independently and to provide technical training and mentorship to junior Engineers, Technicians and Inspectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for quality system development and supporting product quality improvements
- Will be assigned to do creation, maintenance, coordination, tracking, and driving to closure of a Corrective Action Request Action Item Tracking list
- Will be assigned to do internal audits, cell audits, and write audit reports
- Will be assigned to track yearly procedure and work instruction reviews and updates
- Generate and distribute reports such as overdue CAR report
- Writing up results of management reviews
- Other QMS activities as assigned by the Management Rep, the Quality Manager, or the Director of Quality
- Ability to work independently and to provide technical training and mentorship to junior engineers, technicians and inspectors
- Provides ongoing quality system support to include performing internal audits, hosting customer quality audits, ensuring implementation of root cause corrective actions, and driving CARs to closure.
- Analyzes and executes projects independently
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer, as required
- Establishes programs to evaluate the precision and accuracy of production and processing equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical facilities
- Considers financial impacts of QMS changes
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate customer, business or Program meetings
- Prepares quality system reports and recommendations
- Monitor and mentor junior Quality Engineers
- Provides regular reporting of progress and status
- Completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Competent technical expertise and application domain knowledge
- Experienced with ISO Standards – AS9100 experience preferred
- Technical expertise and application domain knowledge
- ASQ certification is preferred
- Ability to understand military specifications and to read blue prints
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication and writing skills
- Ability to define problems and drive to root cause and effective corrective action
- Previous QMS auditing experience required.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #NEL