Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Iselin, New Jersey
Our Architectural team is looking for a enthusiastic, forward-thinking project controls specialist to assist in supporting our engineering projects and continued growth of our junior team. The project controls specialist will be responsible for applying our existing project management principles to help keep our work on track from the very beginning, and means managing project logistics far beyond scheduling meetings and maintaining spreadsheets. The role will include assisting with proposals, compliance with internal policies, maintaining communication with internal and external clients, and assisting in reviewing budgets and forecasts. In short, the role is a critical component that makes us a highly functioning team.
* Provides administration support for project and office activities. Exercises independent judgment with some supervision.
* Demonstrates knowledge of grammar, punctuation and business writing style for proofreading
* Detail oriented and highly organized
* Works well under deadline situations
* Word processing and/or spreadsheet support for general correspondence, cost control sheets and various reports
* Assists with financial controls at project levels
* Assist in production of documents (binding, duplication, etc.)
* Experience with Adobe and MS Office (Excel/Word/Powerpoint) required
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering Technology, Applied Sciences, or equivalent required; or a minimum of 10 years working in an engineering profession.
* Background in financial controls, production of documents, and general office skills.
* Previous experience in construction/engineering industry preferred.
* Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Experience with Adobe or AutoCAD preferred.
* Must have a valid drivers license.
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.