Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Spaulding Adaptive Sports centers (SASC) provides children and adults of all levels of ability the opportunity to live active, healthy lives through participation in a variety of adaptive sports and recreational activities. A variety of land and water activities are offered in both individual and group settings. Spaulding Clinicians and Adaptive Sports professionals help choose activities and make adaptations to meet the capabilities and goals of each individual.
The SASC adaptive sports programs include Cape Cod, Boston and North Shore regions. Each region is overseen by a Regional Coordinator. The associate position is directly overseen by the regional coordinator and also has ties to the larger SASC Network community for programming.
The recreational therapists role is to provide services to patients who have impairments, functional limitations, or disabilities resulting from injury, disease or other causes. Practice in collaboration with other members of interdisciplinary team. Educate patients, families and others. Direct and supervise support personnel.
* Assists operationally and programmatically with regional adaptive sports programs under the direction of the SASC Regional Coordinator.
* Review participant intakes to determine program/participant equipment needs for each session. Communicate with clients directly as needed for assessments.
* Recreation/leisure needs are assessed and evaluated according to organizational and professional guidelines.
* Assure equipment is in working condition, set up prior to each programming session, as well break down and pack post session.
* Load and drive Spaulding vehicles and trailers to various locations of programming
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Therapy and healthcare students are oriented, trained, and mentored to achieve stated performance expectations.
* Performance improvement opportunities are identified and acted upon as appropriate to implement best practices.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
* Bachelors Degree in Recreation/Leisure studies with a concentration in Therapeutic Recreation.
* Direct experience in adapted sport programming.
* Prior experience working with people with disabilities.
* A minimum of 2 years experience for Advanced Clinician.
* Valid drivers license with no driving violations
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Current certification as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills with the English language.
* Basic skills in math and computer science.
* Appropriate knowledge of therapeutic recreation evaluation and treatment techniques to manage the rehabilitation population.
* Effective problem solving skills for therapeutic recreation evaluation, interpretation, treatment planning and execution taking into consideration patients age, psychosocial, cultural and religious background.
* Demonstrate basic skills in teaching other and self assessment of learning needs, strengths, and professional goals.
* Safely execute all job responsibilities without risking injury to self or patients. Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with patients and families using the theories of human growth and development, family systems, and cultural background.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* CPR, First Aid, and AED
* Knowledge of adaptive sport basics and ability to gain an understanding of the SASC programming
* Demonstrate an ability to attain knowledge of adaptive golf, kayaking, cycling, skiing, and sled hockey equipment.
* Solid organizational skills, with the ability to collect waivers and programming fees as necessary
* Demonstrates a positive, professional demeanor
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Ability to work with participants of all ages and level of abilities from pediatric to geriatric
* Travel required as necessary
* Willingness to drive Spaulding vehicles and tow equipment to offsite locations as necessary
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.