Sr Programmer Analyst, IS at Edward Jones
Posted in Software 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St Louis, Missouri
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
What IS Accounting System Team Does...
IS Accounting System team is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information to Financial Advisors and Home office associates. Our key systems include multiple web based applications, batch programs, and PeopleSoft Financials. We are responsible for supporting and enhancing and existing systems and developing technology solutions that support and enhance finance division in alignment with firm's 2020 vision.
What You'll Do…
Responsibilities for this position include designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and maintaining programs under minimal direction
- Perform lead analyst role to complete high-level and technical systems design for new and enhanced systems
- Perform effort leadership role on small initiatives
- Provide technical leadership and complete complex system level assignments
- Assist with defining and meeting business requirements
Develop and modify complex procedures considering equipment capacity and limitations
Formulate and define system scope and objectives
- Prepare detailed software specifications and assist with test plans
- Conduct discussions and/or meetings with IS Management and end users
- Research and prepare system time/cost estimates
- Mentor less-experienced developers
- Provide system support, including on-call pager rotation
What You'll Need…
Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related technical field, or equivalent experience in information systems
- 5+ years in software development and support for client/server and web environments
- Experience with mobile development using REST Jersey, Spring JPA, Spring Boot would be a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical issues in business terms
- Excellent relationship-management, organizational, communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in both a team environment and as an individual contributor