Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fairborn, Ohio
Career ladder associated to the role; engineering level will be commensurate with the knowledge, skills and abilities of the successful candidate.
Who we are
Vectren Corporation is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind. We provide energy delivery services to over 900,000 natural gas customers located in Indiana and west central Ohio and over 140,000 electric customers in southwestern Indiana. In our Gas Engineering department, we are planning, designing, and estimating basic to complex projects that provide a safe, reliable, and cost effective system to serve our gas customers. We are looking for diverse, talented colleagues interested in exceeding customer expectations, ensuring compliance with policies and regulations, and helping to continuously improve our processes to be an industry leader! We are not just looking for people to fill positions – let us help you build an energizing career!
Where we are
What you will be doing
· Prioritize and manage your own assignments and projects to completion – you actually can see your work from beginning to end! These projects will be moderately complex public and system improvement, new business, regulator stations, system uprates, and general equipment projects on our gas assets.
· Develop industry specific skills, knowledge, and an understanding of engineering and construction standards and compliance rules.
· Develop relationships with internal and external customers and contractors, where you will be working to meet and exceed their expectations daily.
· Communicate with customers, visit customer and work sites – balancing your time in the office and in the field.
· Process and create work orders, make drawings, develop work scopes and estimates, communicate and coordinate activities with Field Operations, some projects may require right-of-way and permitting
· Provide regular and critical updates to our asset management and geographical information systems that result from capital projects, maintenance and service orders.
· Manage multiple assignments and priorities concurrently, while looking for ways to continuously improve our processes to gain efficiencies and make your job easier!
· Participate in emergency response activities as needed or support company operations during periods of labor unrest.
What you bring
· A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology in an ABET accredited program
· Career ladder associated to the role so we are interested in candidates that range from recent graduates to experienced professionals
It would be awesome if you have:
· Mechanical or Civil discipline
· Engineer-In-Training (EIT) license
· Experience in a gas or electric utility
· Experience with AutoCAD, Geographical Information Systems, Enterprise Asset Management systems or similar applications
What we bring to you
· Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement to help advance your knowledge, skills and even career
· Career ladder opportunities and colleagues with a vast amount of knowledge and experience committed to your growth, development and success
· Comprehensive health and wellness plans for you and your family
· 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company contribution regardless of your contribution along with company match opportunities for additional savings
· Paid holidays and paid time off
· Competitive compensation including at risk incentive potential
We want you to know
We value talent, innovation and diversity and understand that our colleagues allow us the opportunity to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We achieve our goals through teamwork and conduct our business with integrity. Vectren Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Vectren shall abide by the requirements of Executive Order (E.O.) 11246, as amended, and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These laws and regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these laws and regulations require that covered federal contractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.