Superintendent at Structural Group
Posted in Construction 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elgin, Illinois
STRUCTURAL, a Structural Group Company, integrates technology-driven solutions with specialty contracting services to improve, protect, and enhance the existing infrastructure of owners directly, and in partnership with designers and contractors. STRUCTURAL offers a wide range of specialty repair and maintenance services and is the largest concrete repair contractor in the United States, with over 1,000 employees working from locations nationwide and in select international markets. STRUCTURAL is the open-shop contracting division of Structural Group.
We are currently recruiting for a Superintendent to be based out of our Chicago office which is located in Elgin, IL. As Superintendent for STRUCTURAL, you will be responsible for providing high level management to other field leaders, Foreman as well as our open shop crews that make our nation’s structures stronger and last longer. Projects typically consist of concrete repair and industrial maintenance. Our need will focus on Structural Steel and the role it plays in our projects.
As a successful candidate, you will be also be responsible for:
- Working closely with Project Managers, Division Managers and other leaders within the STRUCTURAL
- Participating in pre-project and pre-task planning activities then disseminating planning details to field crews
- Motivating team members to work together to accomplish tasks, coordinate work activities with other construction project activities and assign work to employees, based on material and worker requirements of specific jobs
- Ensuring crews are operating all tools and equipment in a safe, proper and productive manner
- Providing training and assistance to crews in the performance of work related tasks
- Assisting Project Managers in evaluating various production rates related to the project
- Completing all essential paperwork in a clear an accurate manner
- Interviewing and hiring of new field employees
- Providing leadership to Structural Group’s Safety 24/7 culture
Candidates who meet the following criteria may be considered for this exciting position based in our large Operations division:
- High school degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in general construction with at least 5 of those years in a Foreman or Assistant Superintendent role
- Prior experience in general repair type projects to include: concrete repair, industrial maintenance, structural steel
- Previous experience running 4 projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to supervise various levels of field managers as well as crews with minimal subcontract oversight
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and execute to construction drawings and contract specifications
- Established dedication to safety and ability to display adherence to Structural Group’s operating principles
- Proven experience to produce look-ahead schedules and work with other construction documents as required by the project
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the customer, crew and project teams
- Intermediate computer skills and construction math skills
- Possess a current TWIC card and/or be able to obtain a TWIC by passing background checks at a clearance level designated by clients
Our ideal Superintendent candidate is an innovative but decisive field manager who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; can encourage and mentor others; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
STRUCTURAL, a Structural Group Company, is proud of a company culture that promotes 24/7 safety and quality. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, career development and growth opportunities, and a caring work environment.
See Job Description