Quality Manager*∞ (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Aviation/Aerospace 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Quality Manager for the Automotive and Aerospace Solutions Division (AASD) located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Quality Manager will be responsible to provide leadership for product complaint handling and product quality metrics such as Defective Parts Per Million (DPPM), Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) regular plant quality scorecard reviews, service complaints, product support and other quality metrics.
For additional business group/division/product information, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGYiuDcQXdc
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring clear, timely and action oriented communications with key stakeholders including business teams.
- Driving a customer first mindset though active engagement and relationship building.
- Driving the quality objectives including complaint reduction and customer scorecard results.
- Coaching and/or Supervision.
- Managing key account customers from a quality standpoint.
- Collaborating with the broader 3M (other divisions and globally).
- Working collaboratively with the laboratory, manufacturing and business functions.
- Making courageous decisions.
- Assuring compliance to applicable customer and regulatory requirements.
- Driving statistical and/or six sigma improvement methodologies.
- Adept at using Excel files, BOXI reports and Qlikview, BP Chart.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of combined Quality and/or Six Sigma experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Minimum of two (2) years of Supervisory experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Master’s degree or higher in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accredited institution
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification/experience
- Familiarity with International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Technical Standard (TS16949), International Automotive Task Force (IATF) and/or AS9100
- Customer facing experience
- Previous experience working in a plant environment
- Proven project management skills
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification(s) such as:
- Manager of Quality Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE)
- Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead global, complex, multi-disciplinary teams
- Effective organizational and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills (oral, written and presentation) with the corresponding ability to influence
- Microsoft Office proficient, Minitab a plus
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 20% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
See job description.