Intern, Digital Provider Solutions and Specialty Pharmacy at Express Scripts
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri
The Express Scripts internship program offers paid, real-life experience with a Fortune 25 company that s more than just coffee and copies. You ll help put medicine within reach for millions of Americans and gain valuable knowledge of the healthcare world.
Personal and professional development opportunities will be provided through executive speaker series, community building, career mentoring, and public speaking opportunities. Each intern will own one or more specific department projects. The projects involve collaboration with other departments, research, reviewing processes and performing data analysis.
The summer 12-week internship program concludes with a final presentation to peers and leaders on their project(s).
* Conduct research related to ESI and its clients.
* Perform data analysis and assist in data reporting as needed.
* Makes or assists in making oral or written presentations to management.
* Collaborate with other functional areas on various projects as needed.
* Currently enrolled in a Pharmacy degree program, at the P2/P3 level.
* Strong Quantitative background/skills preferred.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Demonstrate the following characteristics: driven, compassionate, and curious.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong business aptitude and excellent analytical skills.
* Availability to work 40 hours a week.
* Summer internship program is from mid-May through beginning of August.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
At Express Scripts, we work endlessly to achieve our mission of making medicine more affordable and accessible for our patients, and our Specialty Distribution group plays a large role. Team members in this department offer healthcare providers access to a complete portfolio of specialty pharmaceuticals and ancillary supplies, ensuring patients easier access to their medicine and continuity of care in the future. We distribute to all 50 states as well as Puerto Rico and Guam, with three distribution centers: a main facility in Grove City, Ohio, and secondary locations in Arizona and Tennessee.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the \\"Most Admired Companies\\" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor..