Payroll Specialist at US Water Services, Inc.
Posted in Professional Services 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: St. Michael, MinnesotaJob Description:
US Water Services, Inc.
Job ID 2018-1239
Job Locations US-MN-St. Michael
Category Human Resources
Type Full Time Non Exempt
U.S. Water Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We are the Future of Water! U.S. Water is a growing organization with over 500 employees in locations across the US, Canada, and the Dominican Republic. We have a passion for developing and delivering unconventional solutions that leave the world a better place with better water. We are looking to hire a Payroll Specialist located at our corporate headquarters in St. Michael, MN. In this role you will be responsible for accurate and timely processing and recording of the company's payroll, assisting with benefits administration, performing monthly and quarterly quality checks (HR data, files, benefits, RSOP, etc.) and reporting as needed. This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding and growing company that offers a rewarding career and the ability to make an impact. If you have a passion for payroll, enjoy working in a fast paced, high growth, energetic and customer focused environment, please apply to The Best Place to Work in Water!
Payroll: Ownership and responsible for timely and accurate payroll processing.
- Responsible for checking, auditing, and maintaining timekeeping records in the HR system
- Payroll maintenance and processing including computing wages/overtime and calculating deductions
- Working with payroll/HRIS vendor to address issues
- Compliance: Meeting SOX requirements as well as state and federal laws
- Tax: Partners with 3 rd party tax service (APS) to ensure timely and accurate tax reporting as well as preparing and filing payroll tax reports and processing pay and tax status changes
- Audits: Completes monthly, quarterly and annual quality checks as assigned - reporting and addressing any inconsistencies or errors
- Employee Inquires and communication: Timely responses to employee requests and questions unless otherwise communicated to them regarding payroll, HR data, benefits, etc.
- Preparing and reconciling payroll and benefit related journal entries
- Continue to identify efficiencies for our processes and improve quality (i.e. payroll spreadsheet for changes, issue tracker and resolution, etc.)
- Additional duties as assigned
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years payroll experience with mid to large sized organizations
- Multi-State payroll experience
- Experience with KRONOS Workforce Ready is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of other MS Office products
- Experience in high growth and dynamic, fast paced environment, assisting senior management team members improve business processes, analysis, and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills