Sr. Development Engineer I (602389) at Zimmer US
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
Responsible for the design, development, and processing of implants and instruments. Work is expected to encompass both the development of new products and maintenance of existing products. Position will lead medium scope projects, multiple small projects or large portions of a large project as a core team member. Management of engineering staff of equal or lower positions may be assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the development of new products and manufacturing processes. Identifies all tasks required to complete project assignments according to Design Control procedures. Prepares work plans outlining estimated manpower requirements and development costs. Recommends project budget and schedule to carry out programs on a timely basis.
- Designs or directs design work for manufacturability, inspectability and optimum cost
- Conducts or participates in root cause analysis for problem solving
- Contributes to generation of a comprehensive protocol for testing/analyzing the product
- Coordinating product evaluation with surgeon
- Prepares definitive new product specifications or modifies existing specifications
- Generates or updates design assurance documentation for the product
- Completes stress analysis on new or existing designs
- Generates and/or manages the creation of prototype models to evaluate new design concepts
Expected Areas of Competence
- Full working knowledge of and high level of experience with new product development including project management of medium to complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to methodically investigate, determine appropriate solution and resolve problems using current and new technologies
- Ability to develop project schedule, and to assess and manage cross functional team’s progress on assignments relative to project schedule
- Ability to process customer complaints, engineering changes and nonconforming product, and make recommendations based upon business principles
- Professional, concise, tactful and sensitive in communications. Accomplishes objectives when communicating with internal personnel, and external customers and vendors. Able to diplomatically negotiate with a requester regarding a design, process, scope or timetable.
- Demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Working knowledge of drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Assures preproduction quality requirements are met
- Participates in the creation and improvement of processes
- Microsoft Office Suite and Project
- Minimum B.S. degree from an ABET accredited school (or global equivalent) in one of the following engineering disciplines, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering Technology, Bioengineering Technology, Aerospace Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in new product development including project management of medium to complex projects
- MS Office Suite and MS Project
Up to 10%