Heavy Equipment Operator - Salina, KS at APAC-Kansas Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salina, Kansas
Postal/Zip Code: ((67402))
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction, a part of Oldcastle Materials Company, is a multi-million dollar heavy highway contractor that was established in 1874, and has multiple asphalt plants, ready mix plants, rock quarries and sand operations in Kansas. Shears is diversified with public, private and commercial work including paving, utility, dirt-grading and concrete flat work. Our valued employees produce quality work and products in a competitive market with safety first at all times. If you are seeking a rewarding career with challenging work, a variety of responsibilities, potential for advancement and looking for benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel, come join our team.
Heavy Equipment Operator: Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Heavy Equipment Operator position today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Ability to operate various pieces of heavy equipment, including loaders, excavators, dozers, graders, backhoes, etc.
- Be familiar with and incorporate information derived from the manuals for the individual equipment being operated.
- Be familiar with the equipment and Daily Equipment Checklist
- Communicate with Project Manager/Foreperson as to the daily job specifications; operate the equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Perform daily pre-start up procedures; i.e. note the service due date, check fluid levels and make sure the equipment to be used is in good running order, complete Daily Equipment Checklist
- Discuss with supervisor the anticipated production, type of materials being moved, number of trucks, etc.
- Be aware of other equipment working on the project and coordinate to work with the other equipment.
- When possible, leave the equipment in a place that is readily accessible to the Equipment Mover.
- Keep equipment clean. Wiping down equipment not only promotes positive public image, but enables the operator to inspect the equipment close range.
- Ability to follow directions.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
The ideal candidate will:
Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
Report to work at the designated start time.
Be able to work long hours when required.
Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
May be required to have or acquire a CDL as necessary
Be at least age 18 years of age.
Be able to communicate appropriately with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
Be knowledgeable of materials and equipment needed to perform tasks.
Related experience in construction field (desired)
Keywords: Construction; Equipment; Operator; Salina
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.