Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Remote anywhere in the United States.
Position is NIGHTS only from 5pm-5am.
Authorizes and reviews utilization of mental health and substance abuse services provided in inpatient and intermediate care settings. Collects and analyzes utilization data. Assists with discharge planning and ambulatory follow up activity; provides member assistance with mental health and substance abuse issues, and participates in quality improvement projects. May be assigned additional special responsibilities commensurate with experience and type of licensure. Will be expected to coach and mentor less experienced Care Managers.
- Monitors inpatient and intermediate level of care services related to mental health and substance abuse treatment to ensure medical necessity and effectiveness.
- Performs concurrent reviews for inpatient care and other levels of care as allowed by scope of practice and experience. In conjunction with providers and facilities, develops discharge plans and oversee their implementation. Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention and emergency authorizations.
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health and substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, mental health managed care programs, and Magellan Health Services policies and procedures, and criteria.
- Interacts with the company Medical Directors and others to discuss clinical and authorization questions and concerns regarding specific cases.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, including data collection, tracking, and analysis.
- Leads or participates in activities as requested that help improve Care Center performance, excellence and culture. Supports team members and participates in team activities to help build a high-performance team.
- TRFs to be reviewed by Masters level Care Manager only. RNs may perform all other related duties.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Care Manager - Overnights - Remote Anywhere in the (United States)
Job FamilyCare Management
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/8/2018
Date Requisition Created11/15/2017
EducationAssociates: Nursing (Required), Bachelors: Social Work (Required), Masters: Behavioral Health (Required), Masters: Counseling (Required), Masters: Social Work (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCEAP - Certified Employee Assistance Professional - Care Mgmt, LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse - Care Mgmt, PSY - Psychologist - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesLicensure is required for this position, specifically a current license that meets State, Commonwealth or customer-specific requirements.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled