Technical Writer 1 at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Interact with Engineers, R&D, and Operations personnel to create and update Work Instructions, Work Flows, Process Maps, User Guides, Training materials and manuals for production, maintenance, and engineering use.
• Write, create, and update detailed manufacturing operational procedures and documents.
• Use Product Lifecycle Management software to complete tasks and drive closure of document and engineering change orders on behalf of the Production department
• Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other personnel.
• Research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users.
• Draft or assist with production related nonconformance reports
• Organize materials and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Collaborate within and across departments to collect and interpret input to be incorporated into documents.
• Collaborate with change management to continuously improve process to support business needs.
• Experience writing technical reference materials, procedure manuals, and/or end user guides required.
• Experience writing technical procedures for manufacturing operations required.
• Experience in writing technical documents for bio tech industry desired.
• Ability to synthesize and describe complex data for multiple audiences.
• Proven to work both independently and collaboratively with other team members delivering quality documentation with aggressive time lines required.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
• Good planning, organizational, and reporting skills required.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and react quickly to urgent situations required.
• Strong personal computer skills required.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio) required.
• Experience with PLM software and change management process desired.
1-2 years of technical writing experience in a cGMP environment (e.g. medical device, IVD, or pharmaceutical industry) with a Bachelor’s Degree.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf