Project Manager - Finance Applications at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
The Project Manager (PM) oversees the day-to-day management
and execution of multiple, large or extra-large projects and/or programs
through the project lifecycle. Defines
and delivers within the agreed budget, scope and timelines and manages issues
and risks through the project lifecycle. Articulates project status and
managing expectations. Works
collaboratively with functional business areas to achieve agreed project
objectives, milestones and deliverables.
Ensures implemented solutions are of quality. Actively participates as a role model and
advising / coaching the work of other Project Leader and PM team members or
deep technical/subject matter expertise. Assists with developing, delivering
and training others on the Project Management Discipline.
- Creates and executes project work plans and
revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a
project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before
passing to customers.
- Effectively applies project methodology and
enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality
- Minimizes exposure and risk on projects and
ensures appropriately action.
- Manages, resolves and escalates, as appropriate,
issues to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current
and stored appropriately.
- Manages project budget and tracks team hours and
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition,
ensures timely and accurate invoicing and monitors receivables for project.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue,
margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 8-12 years relevant work experience in project
- PMP or equivalent certification strongly
- Experience with portfolio and program management
- Ability to handle large multiple projects or
- Demonstrates deep functional/technical expertise
or people coaching/mentoring abilities.
- Must have excellent public speaking and
- Ability to follow a project methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
skills, strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to work in
geographically dispersed teams.
- Must have strong computer skills and be
proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project.
Why Work for
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in
the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by
providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise
every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the
best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label
products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With
a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you
the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer –
M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.