QA Inspector, Produce - New Stanton at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New Stanton, Pennsylvania
Inspects all incoming shipments of assigned product groups, as well as product stored in the warehouse.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Inspects all incoming shipments of assigned product groups, as well as product stored in the warehouse. Rates products according to Company and USDA specifications. Maintains necessary inspections and rejection records.
- Accepts or rejects product based on condition, short weight, transit damage, grade, temperature and other reasons.
- Informs buyers on product quality as necessary.
- Prepares warehouse condition reports as requested.
- Organizes shipping schedule for all items having different degrees of maturity. Gives shipping instructions to assembly via warehouse supervision.
- Determines the dollar cost and cause of warehouse shrink due to spoilage. Makes recommendations to management regarding reduction in shrink.
- Maintains logs and record of spoilage, including information on overbuying, lack of retail performance, weak produce, etc. Prepares monthly and quarterly recaps for review by management.
- Ensures that appropriate personnel are trained in the proper handling, storage, rotation, and selection of produce to be shipped to the retail units. Ensure that shipping crews are provided with daily information on lots to be shipped.
- Administers company Food Safety guidelines and policies.
- Must have previous Retail Department Manager experience or 2 – 4 years’ wholesale/retail experience.
- Must possess leadership ability to motivate others to achieve desired results. Deal effectively with a wide variety of people on a daily basis.
- Strong analytical skills required for data interpretation and analysis. Computer skills in word-processing and spread sheet software preferred.
- Possess good communication skills, including verbal and written.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.