Volunteer Applications Analyst at Harvard University
Posted in Professional Services 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Cambridge, MassachusettsJob Description:
Duties & Responsibilities
This full-time, exempt position is the product lead for volunteer applications under the AA&D Engagement Applications team. Currently, these tools include CrimsonLink, a peer-to-peer solicitation tool, and AlumniMagnet, a third-party platform providing many Harvard alumni groups under the Harvard Alumni Association (HAA) with websites. In addition to regular development, troubleshooting, and day-to-day support for these products, this position will take part in long-term planning for the future of AA&D's volunteer tools. This position requires proactive dialogue building between stakeholders and developers to ensure that business needs are clearly identified and effectively implemented.
The AAD Engagement Applications team collaborates with business departments across the University to identify, implement, and support alumni, prospect, and donor facing technology solutions that support the alumni affairs and development business initiatives. The team delivers customer focused service in the areas of business requirements/solutions development, UX and web development, project management and implementation, production systems support, education, and end user support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions*):
• Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, personnel, and external vendors with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced
• Gather and document functional requirements, and translate requirements into volunteer management solutions that support business priorities and provide a high quality user experience
• Collaborate with developers on technical design and functionality based on documented functional requirements
• Collaborate with developers and stakeholders on incremental reviews of projects underway in order to collect feedback, and adjust requirements and design to ensure that project deliverables are on track.
• Develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and system integrations
• Work with business stakeholders to gain a clear understanding of business operations and how technology supports operations in order to provide the most effective solutions possible
• Comply with standards, best practices, and policies defined for the team
• Write and execute comprehensive test plans that validate the accuracy of information and functionality to ensure delivery of high quality solutions.
• Support the AlumniMagnet and CrimsonLink infrastructure and related data integrations
• Participate in all aspects of production support, upgrades, and new project implementation within a set release schedule
• Assist training team with drafting policies and procedures
• Provide end-user support across all supported products
• Provide functional support during project go-lives, which may include occasional evening or weekend work.
• Bachelor's degree at an accredited institution required.
• Minimum of four years of experience inclusive of three (3) years' experience in a software development environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.