Field Service Engineer at Garmin AT
Posted in Aviation/Aerospace 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salem, Oregon
Great ideas sometimes come from singular inspiration, but more often they’re a result of collaborative effort. Inside Garmin, we like to foster an environment of participation and engagement. We support professional development, offer well-designed career paths and adhere to a policy that prioritizes promoting from within the company to maximize the opportunities for our associates. We are also committed to being a good corporate citizen and providing opportunities for associates to contribute toward a healthy, sustainable world.
We are currently seeking a Field Service Engineer to join the Garmin AT team in Salem, OR. In this role, you will answer customer and installer technical inquiries regarding Garmin Avionic Products, travel to customer’s facilities to provide on-site support of avionics installations and troubleshooting as needed, and arrange for repair of customer equipment to be returned to the factory or exchange of out of box failures for Garmin Avionic equipment. Other duties include:
- Become highly knowledgeable in the specifications, capabilities, and operation of Garmin Avionic products
- Answer customer and installer technical inquiries regarding Garmin Avionic products via telephone, letters, fax, and e-mail
- Act as liaison between customer and associates of other departments within Garmin
- Monitor, document, and report failure trends in Garmin Avionic equipment
- Identify and recommend improvements in Garmin products, documentation, and procedures
- Review special circumstances and authorize warranty service when deemed appropriate
- Review owner manuals, installation manuals, and maintenance manuals for completeness, technical accuracy, and areas likely to be misinterpreted
- Provide on-site support of avionics installations and troubleshooting in an aircraft manufacturing environment
- Verify reported defective products at Customer’s facility
- Represent Garmin at industry and professional meetings, conferences, and trade shows as required
Qualified candidates will possess an Associate's degree or equivalent Military/Trade school training or a minimum of 4 years of experience performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description and a minimum of 4 years of experience in Avionics installation and troubleshooting. Additional qualifications include:
- Broad knowledge of aircraft systems and avionics sub-systems
- Ability to component level troubleshoot and repair various avionics systems
Superior customer-oriented attitude
- Must possess proficiency using personal computers and Microsoft Office
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems
Preferred candidate will have:
- Previous avionics experience in an aircraft maintenance facility and/or an aircraft manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting and installing Garmin Avionics Systems
Our benefits, designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life, keep us competitive and allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well-being and future. We offer a choice of healthcare plans—with low or no premiums—which consistently rank in the 90th percentile when compared to other high-tech employers, plus dental and vision plans for you and your family. In addition, our financial benefits rate 82% above the median for technology companies comparable in size. Our 401K retirement plan provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount.
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping associates maintain a healthy balance between work and life, we sponsor company-wide and individual wellness initiatives, as well as world-class sporting events—and even some of the participating athletes. In each of the communities in which we do business, Garmin has a strong philanthropic and civic presence. Our associates benefit from these connections in many ways, including through discounts on products and services, opportunities to attend sponsored events, and even help with work-life initiatives, such as pilot certification and adoption assistance.