Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Midlothian, Texas
Performs engineering technician duties in the areas of plant computer network systems management, control, instrumentation, electronics, etc. in assistance to the electrical and production departments. Provides technical support to other plant personnel as needed and assigned to include after hours work/call-outs to support the plant operations. Works from general supervision on routine duties with specific instructions, and under close supervision on technical matters involving non-routine duties. Exercises work supervision over electricians and other wage positions as associated with Automation Engineering functions. Liaison between corporate IT department and plant to assist with minor IT-related activities on site. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for computer automation hardware and software (HMI, trend software, iHistorian, PTIS, etc.) used in the plant operation including programming, troubleshooting, problem-solving/solutions for process control or distributed control issues and maintenance involved with graphics, trending, data logging, etc.
• Provide engineering support as needed for plant projects. (35%)
• Responsible for PLC systems and networks used in the plant operation including programming, trouble-shooting and maintenance. (30%)
• Work with Electrical Engineer and the electrical department on design, installation, revisions and maintenance of all plant electrical and instrumentation systems including all existing and new installations. (20%)
• The following activities will be executed in collaboration with Corporate IT: Maintain the security and integrity of all Local Area network devices, equipment and components such as servers, switches, and computers. Provides technical support and trouble-shooting as needed for plant LAN/WAN and telecommunication systems. Maintains all plant information technology systems to the latest revision/version. Ensures all systems are operating at designed performance levels and coordinates computer technology changes. (15%)
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills (Required)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills (Required)
- Quickly troublseshoots and resolves problems (Required)
- Knowledge of electrical and control systems, instrumentation, computer operations, and other related technical areas. (Required)
- Ability to understand and operate computer software and hardware. Ability to use engineering and electronic equipment such as measuring devices, calculators and computers. (Required)
- 3 years of experience in Electrical or automation in an industrial manufacturing environment (Required)
- Associate's Degree in electricity/electronics, or related area (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering or Process Controls (Preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description