Specialist - Digital Publishing at AICPA
Posted in Admin - Clerical 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Durham, North Carolina
The Specialist – Digital Publishing is responsible for analyzing, transforming, and enriching the presentation of the wide-spectrum of Association ML&C technical, professional, magazines and learning resources. The Specialist – Digital Publishing evaluates and modifies source data (XML, html, Word, raw text and graphics, etc.) so as to render accurate product outputs. The Specialist – Digital Publishing analyzes for best process and tool selection and develops and maintains new templates and styles for publication processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Content Transformation (80%)
- Transform content (doc, xml) into appropriate series template/format for multiple outputs.
- Convert course content from source document to HTML format that allows for an online presentation
- Output and edit HTML files; basic understanding of CSS
- Convert images into appropriate format for proper rendering.
- Make decisions as to which script will best yield result of quickest transformation; be able to apply appropriate tool to get fastest results.
- Transform course content from MS Word documents to an online format for online presentation
- Transform course content into Learning Management System compliant formats to ensure timely packaging
Quality Management (10%)
- Perform pre and post quality control review on transformed content, by applying established standards
- Engage in process improvement to support production, improvement, and delivery of ML&C products in multiple formats.
- Perform ongoing maintenance and course updates as assigned
Ensure that project documents are complete, current, distributed, and archived appropriately
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must be proficient in the following software programs: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Acrobat, and Dreamweaver; PowerPoint, Word, and PitStop a plus
- Familiarity with style sheets, templates, layers, colors and tints
- Familiarity with structured editing tools such as ArborText, Oxygen or XMetal
- Familiarity with HTML/ XHTML and CSS
- Must be flexible, self-motivated, and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to handle several assignments at once in a multi-task environment.
- Must be able to work well independently as well as be a team player
Must have excellent organizational skills
- A minimum of 2-3 years related experience. Will consider equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associates Degree or certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity with XML Professional Publisher (XPP) highly desirable
- Familiarity with programming languages such as PERL and XSLT highly desirable
- Printing and Prepress expertise highly desirable
The Association is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.