Dispatcher - manufacturing - Folsom, NJ at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: HAMMONTON, New Jersey
Job ID: 129871
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Dispatcher will be responsible for scheduling and expediting on-time deliveries of finished products to customer’s jobsites. The Dispatcher will also assist production with backlog reports and communicating customer needs to production managers.
- Prepares weekly schedule for shipment volume and proactively communicates plan externally to customers and internally with production teams
- Adjusts schedule, as needed, to accommodate customer needs
- Proactively communicate with customer their job status and product delivery schedule
- Resolves production schedule conflicts prior to shipment, ensuring on-time, error-free shipment and invoicing
- Review and research new and existing transportation vendors; programs to reduce, replace and improve upon transportation costs
- Maintain vehicle maintenance and records on the TSC website
- Handle large volumes of phone calls in a timely manner while making accurate and precise decisions regarding prioritizing shipment pickups, deliveries, maintenance, etc.
- Ensures safety practices are being enforced and completes BBS Observations
- Actively participates in training and development
- Manages all outside haulers, coordinates with loading crew for next day deliveries
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- At least 1 year of dispatch experience
- Previous precast concrete experience a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Understanding of safety and transportation requirements
- Demonstrated written / oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and resource
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing
- Ability to interface with peers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Excel, Word, Outlook programs
- Willing to work flexible, and extended hours, if needed
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.